Monday, December 26, 2022

Dec 23 2022, ottawa storm , school bus cancelled

 dec 23, 2022 friday snowstorm, school bus cancelled

it was forecasted to go on until saturday and it did


we work friday 12:30 midnight to 1pm (dec 23)

and we work saturday 2am to 11am ( dec 24th)


as a snow removal operator, we brave out in the pouring snow, head to the shop at midnight, check out trucks, load our equipment, crew and head out. it is not an easy job, you will be driving in a condition which is very risky and majority of the public are told to "stay home". 

its calm, as less vehicles are on the road. Plows, and emergency essential workers, thats us. 

we develop skills to be calm, to show strength, to be alert even when tired. its very tiring sometimes, and people around me get cranky. I try to console myself that winter will be over soon and its gonna be sunny. 

it is not for the weak of heart, I hope i will survive this winter with complete faith in me and ability for my work. 

This is my 4th season in snow removal and i think this year is a heavy one. Lets see!




No comments:

Post a Comment