Sunday, January 1, 2023

Dec 31, 2022 saturday ( rainy day but 6 degrees C, its a good day) Tessie & Me and the Fax Machine

 december 31, 2022 saturday

It was a rainy day, roads are so foggy, but still a pleasant 6 degrees C. 


we worked over night doing snow patrol, we started at 10pm on a friday and finished at 7am on saturday. the overnight was rainy/misty/ foggy, so driving conditions was not the greatest. We still finished our 61 sites on time, refilled our gas, and happily got off work. 

I dropped Kyle at home to rest and I went to see tessie. I pass out on her couch and woke up at 8:30 am, and I drove her to her doctors appointment at Somerset Street.  

She got the prescription needed, so  we went to Dynacare in Barrhaven to get her bloodwork done around 10am. I am surprised that the clinic is open and with few people so we get it done in no time. Next stop was Walmart  Barrhaven to pick up her prescription - while Walmart is always fast, today was a slow day, so it took her awhile. However, that was good, at least we got prescription needed.  

Next on the agenda is to call the hospital for her x-ray. While calling hospital to book an xray is best thing to do, good luck being answered. So, instead of calling the hospital again, we decided to fax a document to request an XRAY.  ok...fax, sending fax people of the 20th century...Just so our luck, Staples Store is beside Walmart. They have this old looking fax machine, that came straight out of 1990s and it worked. It was self serve, and me being a 90s office junkie, I know how to operate the darn machine.  Fax was sent in no time, and it cost me 1$ per page. Waiting 5-30 minutes on the phone for call in? or 1$ on Fax machine? I will take fax machine anytime. 

Tessie at this time got sleepy and tired. She was sleepless and not feeling very well. I was starting to get sleepy. I was up overnight and need a real sleep.

Tessie managed to get me a kind of sardines with black beans on it. Looks like a fried fish with black beans, she got me 4 cans because i liked it. 

So our errands were completed, and I dropped tessie at her home. I drove for another 25 minutes to my home, Kyle was already sleeping, I quickly eat the sardines and rice and went to bed as well. 

Sleep very well and I woke up Sunday morning at 3:30 am Jan 1, 2023. 




No comments:

Post a Comment