Sunday, January 1, 2023

December 30, 2022 Friday - A walk at Flectcher Wildlife Park and Carleton University

 Friday, December 30, 2022 





It was a decent day, maybe 3 degrees C and I notice Kieren has a stuffy nose. Of course, winter is like that. You get runny nose, cough etc, since you will be spending most time indoors. The cold winter air when you get out does not help. 

However, outdoors is still best place to be. 

I took Kieren to a walk /hike at Fletcher Wildlife Park, it was nice and great weather. I took him to the pond, which was frozen, so we read about turtles and frogs hibernation cycle. 
We walk towards Carleton University, the path at Fletcher is really connected with NCC pathways and boom, you are at Carleton University. We did our usual, cross the Hartwell locks and explore the paths. He has not been to Carleton University in awhile, with COVID and also life has gotten busy. My 3 kids grow up at Carleton as I spent my undergrad in there. When I did not have babysitter, i took 3 of them to school library. I think they are at university before stepping into kindergarten. I took them to Carleton Swimming pool and tunnels and have fun times. There are few changes over years and Kieren was quick to point the out the newer buildings. Where there use to be open ground, now buildings are there. We did a short loop between Architecture and Engineering building, he looked around for the rocks where he used to climb, but no avail - it is fenced off due to construction. His rock was situated directly accross Minto Case, he used to climbed it everytime we come back from swimming at the pool. 

All my kids attend Carleton U summer camps and Ken attended Shad Valley. That was the highlight of his summers. 

Kierens favorite building is still Minto Case, he pose beside the mural of a student of Engineering. After a quick picture opportunity, we went back to our loop at Hartweel Locks and came back to Fletcher. We did enjoy our walks despite his shoes being dipped in the puddle. 

We went to barrhaven to see my uncle ken and tita shonee. I brought in some little gift, calming tea, biscuit, anthorium plant. I make my uncle laugh because i put a shiny golden christmas balls on the anthorium plant. I brought in some homemade cookie, i hope my uncle will enjoy it. 

Kieren loves to spend his money, so we stop by at FreshCo near Lietrem Rd. All his wants is TicTac. I manage to get some grocery and some fresh herbs. Thats something I love on winter - fresh herbs makes your food like gourmet, even if its just a noodle soup. 

We came home and we got Karlina to get ready for their weekend at dads. 

Kyle and I went to Toms house to check the truck - yeah, his old truck. He said he will give it to Kyle to make room in his driveway. The kicker is - it needs a new battery. We went to Canadian Tire and bought a new battery. It went and fire up, but still, who knows if the brake works - we will find out on January 2nd. We will come back to continue the truck journey. 






No comments:

Post a Comment