Sunday, January 1, 2023

December 28, 2022 wednesday, ( a snowy day)

 December 28, 2022 Wednesday


we were called in for snow work and to my head, it will be a short clean up shift and will be done by early morning.


It kept going and going and it was 8am and still snowing and i was getting hungry. Kyle has to come home and meet the contractors to install our new water heater. He came back and joined us again, he said lots of accidents on the road, it is a Wednesday afterall. 
John and I decided that we need breakfast, by 11am - we are so hungry shovelling snow since 2 am. The breakgast at A and W was done by 11 am so we settled on burger anyways. 


Silly me, I did not check for the weather anymore, so I was not ready for this cold. By lunch break, I was still hungry again. 

One of our sites was a Call Center with many cards parked already. It was darn near impossible to drive my truck around the building and it was a bit challenging time span.  My snow truck is big, its a RAM 5500 with a 20ft enclosed trailer carrying my sidwealk Kubota and 2 snow blowers. I am at most 40 ft long and it is not easy feat to snake it around parked cars.  I ended up parking in the middle of two buildings then walk to the end of the other building and shovel snow by hand. Not really! I sit in the truck while the guys shoveled the other side - I was miserable at this point. 
We still hustle and did out run and continue until we finished our route. After which, we headed back home. We finished by 3pm and I was super hungry. No amount of chocolates can fill me up. 

It was a lesson for me that I did not check the weather. 
I could have pack myself some hot water and noddle cup and I will be fine. The burgers is not something that gives me comfort, only noddles (I'm asian) . 

The next day was a good snow clean up and actually it was 12 midnight to 5:30am  run on Thursday, december 29, 2022.  










No comments:

Post a Comment