Saturday, June 29, 2024

Friday - best gardeners in Ottawa 2024

 Friday June 28, 2024



Best gardeners in Ottawa! What? Year 2. Proud to be one !

 thank you team for all the hardwork 

Top 8 Gardeners in Ottawa [2024] (bestinottawa.com)


Well, it was one sunny day and i enjoyed delivering parcels for Canada Post Navan. I got the very rural route of JP, so I end up as far as Canaan Rd and Saumure Rd, very rural and picturesque, so that is one way to break up my work week. 

Yes, as Filipino I have many jobs. One of them is an employee for Canada Post, a RSMC relief on call. 

What do we do? Well, every full time employee of Canada Post have sick leave or vacation leave, so when they like to use their vacation leave on Friday to have an extra long weekend - then we, the On Call RSMC will do the delivery.  

We are trained and well paid on those training days. We do a lot of online training and training on the job. We have Class 2 government clearance, since CP is a Crown Corporation. We are provided with a Canada Post logo, that we put on our top of our SUV/cars, and Visibility Lights, so we can be seen. Yes, we are given a little gas allowance when we use our vehicles to deliver your parcels. 

We are trained also on our Right Hand Drive Vehicles (RHD), I was trained and certified, so I drive that truck. Last Friday, I use the corporate vehicle and it was a tank. The hand out says it is built on an F150 frame, which is easy for me. I work and drive trucks each day, so I feel at home driving it. 

Since the work can be sporadic as a relief, its only considered a part time job, but still, a good way to earn money. 

After that long driving work, I came home around 5pm, chatted with my 14 year old and 15 year old, which compromise of hmm and uhmm. ah, that was ackward! But these two are actually very intelligent humans, just sometimes - i feel these are 2 aliens in my house, because they used to be little tiny humans that are huggable. Still hug them though ---





I drove them off to their dads place for the weekend and I came home to a peaceful pace. 


The weather actually cool down, it was not a boiling over in the house. 

here are some of the work i completed this year, some with flowers in big pots and some in the ground. 










No comments:

Post a Comment