Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Tuesday - June 11, 2024 Weedingthe Garlic Field and Farmer life in General

 Tuesday June 11, 2024 sunny day










I know I have to work long hours, so I woke up at 5am to tend to the fields. The rainy days are over, now the weeds are growing faster. Scapes are coming out, so that means bulbs are developing. 

My fingers bleeds from blade of grass. - The gift to work in a fixer upper farm - which was formerly a hay field. well, its my farm, no use complaining, thank the heavens for having one. 


i planted my plants in the front yard, Joe Pye weed, hydrangea, chives, shasta daisy, black eyed susan. there are 2 haskaps and yew that needed to be planted. I have the machine trimmers going: the battery powered one ran out of battery, the gas powered one ran out of gas. yes, I worked very hard - but who is counting - it is just my reality of running an organic farm. Weeds are friends  - bio filter - but then if too close to plants, then too much.


I also have a Dahlia row, to my joy, they all come out. I need to feed them Mushroom compost to compete, I love them so much, I have one row of them in the middle of my garlic field. I did this because I will never neglect them, if I see them everyday, as I care for my garlic. 

So, time to get back and feed my dahlia compost and get back to weeding the garlic field. Its 6:42 am and that only gives me 1 hour to work in the field, before heading to work. 







No comments:

Post a Comment