Thursday, June 27, 2024

Wed June 26, 2024, a day with Kieren - Grade 8 award ceremony and working at site, then evening rain

 Wednesday 26 june 2024

my son kieren is in grade 8, with awards at st marks catholic school in manotick.

I am ecstatic and I went to st marks to attend the ceremony. he is also a shy kid, so having award made me a proud mama. 




kyle and karlina also attended, so thats our little family. 

Kieren decided to stay home and hang out with friends, while karlina came home and made the grocery list. 

I went to work with kyle at Grandview Garden, nice big garden that needs rejuvenation. 

it was nice day until at 4pm, it was so muggy, but still no rain. 

we finished it, 3 of us mulching 4 cubic yards of CPM.



gooseberries and rhubarb with added CPM

Kyle and I went to Petsmart on Heron Rd, we bought some fish for the pond. 
We enjoyed a bottle of wine and putting our fishies together. 
then grocery, because life...

Then I noticed that my native plants are not doing well, so I started repotting them in bigger pots. 

Mosquitoes and lots of rain.
i was eaten by mosquitoes and wet.

nope, i am on a mission. 
 i need to finished potting my native plants to one gallon size, so they dont dry fast. 
well, i hope that effort works and my native plants survive. 

the good news: kyle has lots of light and i also have my smoke bucket going - to help mosquitos go away.


 i came in, maybe 11pm,  super tired, and crashed to bed

so yes, kieren, work, grocery, fishy, potting plants, rain.....

so, thats farm life, it does not end early. 




No comments:

Post a Comment