Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Hyacinth Bean-Ruby Moon


Jan 18, 2021 Monday

Ottawa City, Ontario Canada


I am reviewing my planted beans last season at Sweet William Farms and my own garden here in my Victory Homes. These pictures are taken October 18, 2020. I was very happy with the result, so I saved the seeds and will plant again this season. 





We got these seeds from William Dam Seeds, and I actually love the plant. It climbs well on my 8 foot structure and it looks bigger than the  hyacinth bean pictures. I saved some seeds. The pictures above are my plants, these beans were buzzing with bee-sitors. I love them, so this is added in my collection. 

from  william dam seeds description: "Ruby Moon

Dolichos Lablab Selected variety with purple-veined leaves, lavender flowers, and dark purple seed pods. More attractive than the common Hyacinth bean. Edible fruit when boiled. Annual | Ht. 3m/10ft | 3-4 sds/gm. " 





No comments:

Post a Comment