Saturday, August 20, 2011

HEUCHERA-MIRACLE (Coral Bells) Shade Loving Perennial

 SHADE LOVING PERENNIAL -
 HEUCHERA  - MIRACLE
Common Name: Coral Bells

Went to Home Depot today, and they got 1L pots of Heuchera - Miracle. It looks lush, and I bought one to add to my collection.Another shade loving perennial to go with my Hosta. :)

The leaves were lush lime green, but the tag has fushia color with green border. So, I'm excited for fall, hope this Heuch show a display.

from: perennials.com description:


This European hybrid forms a mound of changing colour, the lobed leaves are green in summer but brick-red with chartreuse-gold edges during the cooler weather months. Taller sprays of pink flowers appear in mid to late summer. Sturdy in habit, nice for borders, containers or in the rock garden. Remove any winter-burned leaves in the spring, otherwise no pruning is required. Developed in France by plant breeder Thierry Delabroye, using Heuchera villosa in his breeding lines. USPPP: unlicensed propagation prohibited.





Heuchera Miracle - changing to a miraculous ugly color. Taken Sept 16, 2011 by my Blackberry.


heuchera miracle taken Friday Sept 16, 2011

Update: May 14, 2012
While I was complaining that this one look ugly in the fall, she survive my Zone 5B winter, and she came out in the spring with  very interesting coloration. Very dramatic, so I guess she is a keeper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment