Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hosta in Pots - Pauls Glory, Praying Hands, Salute

These are my hosta that will probably be overwintered in their lovely pots. :) Hope they will survive Ottawa winters.

hosta "praying hands" 
AHS Hosta of the Year 2011
Hosta Praying Hands is oddly upright, I added vinca majors and heuchera-caramel. Hopefully, next year there will be some growth. I notice new shots coming up. I got this plant from Artistic Landscape on 2079 Bank Place,Ottawa ON. K1V 8A8.

Hosta - salute
Another upright Vase Shape Hosta

For some reason, this one did not grow any better in the ground. Few weeks ago, I dug it and planted into the pot with Heuchera-Palace Purple as its companion. So far, it sends flower as late in August. This flower scape came out about August 15, 2011.
I got this plant from Artistic Landscape on 2079 Bank Place,Ottawa ON. K1V 8A8.

Hosta - Pauls Glory
AHS Hosta of the Year 1999

This one I ordered from Dawn: www.gardensplus.ca in Peteborough. Showing some stability, but did not grow yet. I hope this one will survive harsh winters in Ottawa City.


No comments:

Post a Comment