Monday, September 29, 2014

Fall 2014

It's been awhile that I have posted. Well, it's no excuse, but I can say it is beyond my control.
Hint: a painful separation.
Fast forward, I trained myself hard and I successfully finished the army run on September 21 2014. If you were there, you know it was blessed with good rain. Yes, swish swoosh slip slush!! Soaking wet! Yes, I finished the half marathon. I finished strong, proud and ready! Just like the army! However, I also admit that I run too slow, 2 hours 30 minutes to finish a half is not the best time. So, that's one disappointment. However, the strong point to that is that I did not have any blister, cramps and I was not walking funny on Monday. I came home that Sunday, I cooked, do the laundry, iron my kids clothes for Monday. I packed their lunch kits. I also ran the next day, just like any regular day of my life.
So, that is mission accomplished.

I also need to slow down to smell the roses. Therr are emotional scars within my soul that could use some healing, some feeling of relaxation! Yeah... tell that to a runner! slowing down is really hard to do. I run every chance I get, so today, I decided to wear stilleto, tiny heels. Lol it might work, it might not! I might end up running on this shoes, pretending that I am training for the stilleto run! I hope not, I hope I really slow down, and take it easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment