Monday, June 3, 2013

Chamomile, Chervil, Flat Italian Parsely, Vertissimo Chervil, Marjoram (sweet Marjoram)

June 3, 2013

Monday
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I went to grab some apples and crackers with the kids today, and I cannot stop myself from buying herbs. I love them, and these are always useful to repel random bugs that might eat my produce.

Those, I always buy them 1, 2 or 4 up to what I can fit in a bag. Today, it was $2.99 per pot, and I came home with a bill of $16.90. I should start tallying what I spend on plants, after all, these are not included my budget.

My finds for the day are:

  • flat italian parsely - Pertoselinum crispum (2)
  • chamomile - Chamaemelum nobile
  • vertissimo chervil - Anthriscus cerefolium
  • Sweet Marjoram - Origanum marjorana
herbs galore!

marjoram

flat italian parsely

chervil

chamomile

chamomile


I re-potted them today, and put in individual pots. It seems to me that every herb is pot bound and choke in its own roots. It is the economy of space probably, but then it is just me. Probably, I will try to share this with other gardeners for $1 per plant, or end up giving it away to gardening friends. 

While I know I will be using these herbs for my cooking and also companion plants for my garden, sometimes, it bothers me that it is not budgeted. Sort of impulse buying, anyone can relate? 

No comments:

Post a Comment