Friday, March 30, 2012

Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)


March 30. 2012
LEMON BALM (Melissa officinalis) 

Tiny Seeds of Lemon Balm

It is germinated in a 5 inch pot, covered with transparent plastic, put under lights in the basement.















 Few days ago, my life seemed to stop. Or I just stop and felt dead. I went to bed tired, and I wake up tired. Don't know much about it, now...I decide to be alive again. Do you feel that way sometimes? 

Anyways, I am alive now, that is all that matters. 

Lemon Balm - Organic Seeds from Seed Savers Exchange - packet says 250 seeds. Wow! If they all sprout on me, then Ottawa will smell like lemon. 

From the seed packet: A favorite of French King Charles V in the 14th Century. Strong lemon scented leaves are used for making tea. Said to have calming effect and is also soothing for upset stomachs.
Perennial : Zones 4-9.

Done, and done! Wish me Good Luck, germination is 14-21 days. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment