Friday, June 12, 2009

DAY 7, June 11, 2009, Thursday


== appointment for my dental cleaning & temporary teeth
== lunch with Malou, and Gevelyn at CNT lechon
== it rained again
== went home to see my sister
== went to SM and bought a lovely sky blue dress for Karlina
== purchase prepaid internet time

Malou has been our mother at Philbank. It was my one and only career here in the Philippines. I worked in the bank for five years, fresh out of university. It was one of the best times of my life. My co-workers are like family, we care for each other. I moved to Canada in 2001 while Malou and Gevelyn stayed in the bank. The next following years were mergers and acquisitions and along the line, they lost their job. Malou has been in the bank for more than 20 years, a long service to an industry and probably not just work, but second home and family.
As we sit and chat for a long lunch, I realize that we were happy co-workers, we have the best times, and its something to remember. Most co-workers of mine moved on, now cashiers and managers....and I am glad...I was sitting there, with Malou and Gevelyn...remembering friendships and camaraderie that endured all those years of separation and no contact. And hope to keep in touch for the next coming years...with kids and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment