Thursday, July 26, 2012

Open Backyard Sunday - July 22, 2012

OPEN BACKYARD GARDEN 

I decided to celebrate my birthday by inviting friends over and opening my backyard edible garden to the public. My friend Winn took the pictures, and it was amazing! Here are some of them.

me - feeling short, as you can see the Lilium in the background (red) is taller than me. 


backyard entrance: a child centric universe. sled and sprinklers.

coleus selection pot, with a job to get shade for the small Hosta Praying Hands

Coleus, lambs ears, rosemary, lavender, sweet potato vine-blackie, squash - volunteer seedling

cream liliums

shade section with hosta, bleeding heart, ladys mantle, coleus, single lilium bloom

leek flowers with Echinacea purpurea, a butterfly magnet

Pole Beans, cooling off the canopy in summer heat

Hibiscus mosquetos "Luna" (perennial), scarlet runner beans on the fence, hanging pot of golden lemon thyme, Impatiens balsamina, tall liliums (maybe tree?) and eggplant, with ginger on the pot.

yellow lilium in bloom, looks pretty in person.

cherry tomatoes in hanging pot.



No comments:

Post a Comment