Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hiking to Carleton University and back home at Central Park Jan 12, 2016 Tuesday

Jan. 12, 2016
Tuesday

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

As all you know, I live in Central Park. Close to everything and I don't need a car. I could want one, but I am not giving in to that.

So, my means of transportation is the local OC (Ottawa City) Transpo Bus and if I bike or walk. Unfortunately, the snowfall is quite high, so my biking option is gone...I could, but my bike is not winterized.

I opted to use the bus system, but it goes around that bend that it takes the bus an easy 1 hour from my home to Carleton University.

I explored the option of hiking from my home to Carleton University. Drawing a straight line from Central Park, that is straight bulls eye to reach Dunton Tower of Carleton University.

The challenge is mostly deep snow during the morning, and also snowing in my face in the afternoon hike. However, this is the fastest route from home to Carleton University...so hoo yah...this engineer will figure out a way for the most efficient route to Carleton.

This picture was taken about 5:30 pm. I reached Summerville corner Merivale.
Holy crap it snowed really hard and hit me in the face. My phone was soaked just by taking one picture.

Today, Jan 12, 2016 - I completed a distance of 3.71 Km, total time 51:16, according to my app - MapMyRun by Under Armour. I believe that is the company that manufacture sports specific shirts.


Other than that, it was pleasant walk. I love the variety of elevation, the different terrain, plowed road, icy conditions, sometimes black ice and near falling...but did not. So, all in all, this hiking adventure is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment