Since freecycle is a good place to get rid of my overflowing collection, I also received wonderful items to use with my horticulture experiments.
More items to come, and hopefully, more stuff re-used than thrown away. Cleaner Ottawa, one step at a time.
Here is a list (roughly as I can recall of stuff) that was re-used locally, rather than being put in the big garbage pile.
1. size 5 brown shoe
2. nursing bra/nursing pads
3. kalanchoe houseplant
4. size 4 baby boots
5. lot of baby blankets
6. Hardcover: C2002 - Dark Matter - The Private Life of Sir Isaac Newton - Novel by Philip Kerr
7. lot of baby formula - 3 cans ready to use
1. plastic pots
2. plasic disposable cutleries
Anonymously Received: (on my rainy days)
1. Box of food stuff and veggies
2. 2 grocery store gift cards (thank you)
To join Freecycle Ottawa (formerly Ottawa Freecycle), go here:
Moderator/Community Volunteer: Sharon Stewart