Sunday, November 13, 2011

Coleus Seed Propagation: Ebay Seeds (Ebay username: lilolfarm)


February 25, 2012. Another seed that came out of that batch, she was under a big velvet lime variety. I have to transplant her, so she can be the best coleus she can be. This one is green with cream center. Reminds me of Buttercream cultivar of coleus.

A tray of about 15 pots - coleus all in 4 inch pots. These were same batch of Nov. 2011 seeds.

a FULL BEAUTY OF VELVET LIME VARIETY FROM NOV. 2011 SEEDLINGS

THIS COLEUS IS FROM THE BATCH SOWN ON NOV. 2011


COLEUS FROM NOV. 2011 SEEDS



The coleus seeds, sown in Fall of 2011. :) Lovely. Now, these are ready for new homes. Feb . 04, 2012


Seed Source: Bean Acres Seeds, Fresh Harvest of 2011
Ebayname: lilolfarm

Date: October 2011
Douglasville, GA, USA

Thank you very much Sandy, when you said FRESH! You mean fresh, look at these baby seedlings! With all the seeds that germinated from a humble $1.99 per packet seeds, I give these dealers A+ for fresh harvested seeds. I will definitely buy again.

Seed Pack: Farm Mix 50 seeds each packet.
Germination Rate is stated at 85%. I think I have about 90-95 % germination.

Coleus Seeds germinated after 10 days.
Some more coming up.



Update: My germination rate must have been more than 85%. Take a lot at these baby seedlings, they have overtaken the whole seed flat.
My light in the basement is just basic shop light.
Soil Mix: perlite/vermaculite, spaghnum/peat (1/3 each part).
Water is cooled boiled water (minimize bacteria)
Tray: A cheap one with lid.
I bottom water it, one of those pack that you can get at Home Depot.

The tall coleus at the back are cuttings overwintered.
My home is overpowered by colorful coleus.
Want some?


UPDATE: fEB. 19, 2012

These seeds have now grown up to full beautiful coleus. See above pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment