Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Organic Air Freshener : Herbs Mint, Rosemary, Lavender

Organic Air Freshener: Mint, Rosemary and Lavender
 
after that killing frost, I never thought my herbs survived, but they did. and today with a warm 7C, I harvested a bunch, more than enough for cooking requirement. I selected few cutting to root for small pots. I normally give these away, or ask a toonie for my effort of propagating these lovely herbs. I hope that is not too much to ask.

at lunch time, I can smell diaper stink and of course, I did not wrap it with a genie. 
To keep the air calm, and fresh for my kids noon nap, this is my version of air freshener.


1. I gather my herbs: mint, rosemary, lavender
2. i pour 3 cups of water in a pan.
3. i let it boil and drop the herb bunches. 


The house smells heavenly.calm, and I am ready to nap, unfortunately, the laundry is waiting to be folded. LOL








3 inch pot of Rosemary - poted by end of Summer




   





Want some rosemary? Got a toonie? Pick up an herb pot from my home. i live in the South End/South Keys of Ottawa. This pot is already like a houseplant, has adopted to indoor temperature, so this will last longer than the Loblaws/Walmart plants which come from a greenhouse.

This pot is ideal for window sill, kitchen window. Well rooted since end of summer, I think I will repot the second one, for the roots start to come out in the pot hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment