Monday, May 14, 2012

Hosta Janet

Hosta Janet (shugart/o hara 1981)


This hosta is bright - lime green in the middle, irregular splashing of dark green in the edges, and some outer area of the leaves. I am intrigues how it holds color till last of the fall.

The Hosta registrar classified her, as medium plant, growing high of 15 inches, and wide at 24 inches (2 feet). It is said to be a sport of Fortunei, with original clump in Iowa, USA. 


Spring 2011 - from Ann in Ottawa
I got this hosta from Ann, and Hosta Janet is pure beautiful. Nothing too symmetrical but nice splashes of color here and there. 

Mine has surive one Zone 5B winter in the ground, and she comes out with 3 or 4 eyes. As you see, it is a single plant, and now there will be four, so that is a very awesome growth within the year.

May 17, 2012 (Year 2 in my garden)  - Hosta Janet coming out from the ground.

I was expecting she would be more pale, but if you look closer - she is deep green. i would not know that she is Janet if I did not keep the tag that An gave me last year. Hopefully, she will go back to the lighter lime green that I like her a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment