Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tomato - truckers Favorite

Tomato - truckers favorite - SSE


Here is a picture of the tomato from SSE website:



I did not have any luck with my cherry tomato, since I knocked it over. So, today I will try my luck of germinating Seed Savers Exchange truckers tomato.

I have to admit that I am a sucker for heirloom plants. So, here is the story for those of you who are as curios as me.

First introduce to gardener around 1912. This is the best strain of Truckers favorite in SSE collection. Uniform 3" pink globes grow in clusters of 3 to 4. Excellent Flavor. Productive plants with good blight resistance. Indeterminate, 75 days from transplant. 

Well, that gives me a month and a half, fruits coming in around July. Not bad! Indoor propagation for this one. See what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment