Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Seedlings For Sale


1.) $3 · Seedlings: Basella rubra and Basella alba

 (Tropical Spinach)

For sale: Basella alba, Basella rubra (tropical spinach)
1 plant per pot = $3

This is a unique heirloom climbing spinach, very common in the Philippines.
We call this plant alugbati. It is edible, and safe for children and pets.

i planted some in my garden last year, and i have decent harvest despite the heat wave. Heat loving, climbing spinach. Something edible to cover an ugly fence as well.

I am a home gardener in the South Keys area, who love to garden using organic and heirloom seeds. I originally acquired these seeds last year, and tested in my backyard garden.

All pictures here are of my plants in my own garden.


2. ) For sale: Organic, Heirloom Miniature White Cucumber Seedlings
(one seedling per pot) -$3 each

I am a home gardener in the South Keys area, who love to garden using organic and heirloom seeds. I originally acquired these seeds last year, and tested in my backyard garden. Crisp 2-3 inches long white cucumber, very unique. 

I have save my seeds, and I germinated more than enough for my small garden. You will not find these heirloom seedlings at the garden center, so here is your chance to plant something organic, heirloom in your garden. 

it is miniature, so mine was planted in 5 gallon buckets with a tomato trellis. 

The pictures are of my own plant from last year. 

Needs hardening, I would not plant this yet. I'd say last week of May, so reserve yours now. 

Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment