Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bell flower (Campanula persicifolia)

 June 12, 2012 
Ottawa city, Ontario, Canada

The campanula that I got from a plant sale last year started showing off lots of buds. I saw one flower today that bloomed and open after the rain.

I have no clue what specific variety she is, but this one loves the compost in this garden bed. She is now about 4 feet tall and she is in a very sunny position, I would say full day of sun.

For purpose of my ID, I would say - this  is the blue form variety.
Here are the pictures:
June 12, 2012. A single flower opened after the rain.

June 12, 2012 . Series of buds coming up.

Picture take at the base of the clump. June 12, 2012

June 12, 2012.  Leaves picture showing simple alternate leaf arrangement.













References: 
(1)http://www.perennials.com/plants/campanula-persicifolia-blue-form.html

No comments:

Post a Comment