Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Columbine ( Aquilegia alpina)

 June 12, 2012. 


I acquired this so called perennial plant last year (2011), and I planted it in the fall. I did not expect anything out of it, knowing the Columbine in general are short live in my Zone 5b. Three years max perhaps, then again you have to hope that the seeds will replace your original plant.


I do not know what type I have, but I will call it Alpina for now. Here are the pictures taken after the rain today. 


June 12, 2012. back view of the flower.

June 12, 2012. I have to hold her up to have a close up of the flower and the leaves.



"Aquilegia alpina is a terrific plant if you can find it. Deep sky-blue flowers on 12 inch plants. It is wonderful for the front of the border or rock garden." (1)

References:
http://www.gardening-tips-perennials.com/columbine.html

No comments:

Post a Comment