Saturday, June 23, 2012

Zucchini ribbon salad with lemon thyme dressing

June 22. 2012

Looking for recipe because I have abundance of Zucchini and Lemon Thyme, so I found this on Canadian  Gardening Magazine online...duh, cannot wait for my subscription. While I try to follow the recipe, I would usually have substitute or none of the ingredients, so here is the recipe for now. I will let you know when I modify it to suite what I have in my kitchen.


by Clair Stubbs

Serves 4

Ingredients

    * 1 green zucchini
    * 1 yellow zucchini
    * 4 zucchini blossoms, optional
    * ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
    * 1 cob young corn, cooked
    * ½ lemon, zested and juiced
    * 1 Thai chili, finely minced
    * 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
    * ½ tsp Maldon sea salt
    * ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
    * ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
    * 1 tbsp lemon thyme

Preparation
Using a sharp vegetable peeler, shave strips from both zucchinis, discarding the very centre core of each. Lay out the strips on a large plate. Chop the blossoms, if using, into fine strips and sprinkle over the zucchini ribbons along with the red onion slices. Holding the corn cob upright, slice along the cob with a sharp knife to remove the niblets a few rows at a time. Sprinkle fresh niblets over salad. Pour the lemon juice over the salad and sprinkle with the zest, chili, olive oil, salt, feta, pine nuts and lemon thyme. Toss gently and serve.

Copied from this site:
http://www.canadiangardening.com/food-and-entertaining/garden-to-table/zucchini-ribbon-salad-with-lemon-thyme-dressing/a/36577?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cg_ss_120622

No comments:

Post a Comment